Montefalco Sagrantino DOCG (Controlled and Warranted Designations of Origin)
• Grape variety: 100% Sagrantino
• Alcohol content: 15.5-15% in respect to the vintage
• Type: Red DOCG (Controlled and Warranted Designations of Origin)
• Production: 10,000/12,000 bottles
• Production area: The vineyards are all located in the municipality of Montefalco at 405 m a.s.l.
• Yield per hectare: 60 quintals
In the first ten days of October when the grapes are perfectly ripe. Manual harvesting allows a first selection of the bunches.
A second selection of the grapes takes place before the de-stemming and loading in stainless steel vats. Fermentation lasts approximately 12 days on average and another 12 macerating on the peels. The wine is then subject to malolactic fermentation in barriques and aging on the light dregs. Ageing in wood containers for 18 months and in bottles for another 6 months. Place bottled without filtration.
An almost impenetrable deep red with violet reflections. Notes of blackberries, currant, mint and oriental
spices. Its taste is a success, brandishing a thick smooth structure with muscular tannins. The territory and grape variety are faithfully represented.
Ageing resistance: 15-20 years
Bottle capacity: 0.75 and 1.5 litres
Packaging: 6 bottle case.