Montefalco Sagrantino Straw wine DOCG (Controlled and Warranted Designations of Origin)
• Grape variety: 100% Sagrantino
• Alcohol content: 15.5-15% in respect to the vintage
• Type: Montefalco Sagrantino DOCG (Controlled and Warranted Designations of Origin)
• Production: 3,000 bottles
• Production area: The vineyards are all located in the municipality of Montefalco at 405 m a.s.l.
• Yield per hectare: 60 quintals
GRAPE HARVESTING AND VINIFICATION:
Harvesting by hand with small caskets, selecting perfectly healthy grapes only. Natural withering until the second half of December and fermentation in stainless steel vats with daily manual pressing. 24 months of aging in barriques will follow plus another 12 months in the bottle and placed on the market after a total of 5 years.
Ruby Red tending to garnet-red, dark and impenetrable. Sweet spice aromas reminiscent of small red fruits, vanilla, tobacco and hints of mint. The mouth is delighted by a balance between sweet sensations and alcohol, the tannin is thick and smooth, long sensations of blackberries, plum, cocoa, medicinal herbs and mild vanilla.
Ageing resistance: 15 years
Bottle capacity: 0.375 litres
Packaging: 6 bottle case.