Montefalco Red wine DOC (Registered Designation of Origin)
• Grape variety: Sangiovese 65%, Sagrantino 15%, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon 20%
• Alcohol content: 15.5-15% in respect to the vintage
• Type: Montefalco Red wine DOC (Registered Designation of Origin)
• Production: 35,000 bottles
• Production area: The vineyards are all located in the municipality of Montefalco at 405 m a.s.l.
• Yield per hectare: 75 quintals
GRAPE HARVESTING AND VINIFICATION:
The grapes are picked by hand in full respect of the different phenolic and sugar
ripening, then, an alcoholic fermentation in wood and in steel containers takes place. The different types of wines then perform the malolactic fermentation in oak barriques and barrels, remaining to age for about 8-10 months. Cold dreg removal for natural decanting. Finally, it is bottled without filtration and rests for 6-8 months.
Ruby red with violet reflections. The hints of tobacco of the Merlot blends with the fruity notes of sour cherry, especially typical of the Sangiovese variety. The concentration, volume and depth are exceptional.
Ageing resistance: 15 years
Bottle capacity: 0.75 and 1 litre
Packaging: 12 bottle case