Umbria Red wine IGT
• Grape variety: Sangiovese 80%, Ciliegiolo 20%
• Alcohol content: 13.5-14% with respect to the vintage
• Type: Umbria Red wine IGT
• Production: 18,000 bottles
• Production area: Montefalco at 405 metres a.s.l.
• Yield per hectare: 75 quintals
GRAPE HARVESTING AND VINIFICATION:
Harvesting is carried out in perfect ripening conditions in late August for the Ciliegiolo and late September/October for the Sangiovese variety. After the alcoholic fermentation in steel, a fast passage into 3-hand used barriques, then the wines are blended and aged in steel vats. It is then bottled without filtration where it will spend several months before marketing.
Rich and intense colour that announces the substantial dowry of fruit with hints of cherries, raspberries and blackberries. Its taste is very pleasant in the mouth and able to highlight the personality of Sangiovese with a cool, tonic sip featuring unpredictable depths.
Ageing resistance: 6 years
Bottle capacity: 0.75 litres
Packaging: 12 bottle case